Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Blog Post #1: My Top Five News Sources

     As a 20-year-old college student, I have to admit I don't stay updated with the news as much as I would like. I don't always have time to sit down and watch the news with all of my schoolwork and activities.  However, quick news stories are what mainly catch my eye. That is why most of my top five sources convey their news stories in the form of short films and photographs. The five news sources I will be talking about today are TikTok, Instagram, The Daily Podcast, Apple News, and Snapchat.  

#1- TikTok 


    TikTok is one of this generation's most popular apps. It is definitely the most commonly used app on my phone, and it also takes up most of my screen time. Users can post about any topic or subject of their choice to entertain their audiences. TikTok videos range anywhere from 10 seconds to 3 minutes. This makes it very easy to get caught up scrolling and scrolling throughout multiple videos. On TikTok, you can find videos on any topic you would ever like to learn about. Many mainstream news companies also have TikTok accounts and condense the top news stories into short clips making it very easy to get quick and reliable news on the go. 

#2- Instagram  

    I think Instagram is one of the best and easiest ways to stay up-to-date without taking up much time. On Instagram, you get to choose the type of content you see by following the accounts and or people that interest you. Although there are short videos on Instagram, most of the content is conveyed through images and short captions. I really enjoy the ability to pick and choose whose content I see and what content I am not interested in. I mainly use Instagram to get celebrity, fashion, and Hollywood news. 

#3- The Daily Podcast



    The Daily is a podcast conducted by The New York Times. They come out with a new podcast covering the most important national and global news every single day! I absolutely love listening to podcasts especially when I am driving in the car. This is definitely the source I use to get my updates on politics and worldwide updates. All of the episodes are around 25 minutes in length making it incredibly easy to listen in a short car ride or when while I am cooking or cleaning at home. 

#4- Apple News

    Apple News is a very convenient news source for Apple product users. Every day on my iPhone and Macbook I get notifications of hot and important topics of the day. I really like how you don't have to go search for it, it automatically sends the news right to your screen. These stories are normally brief and easy reads that carry a lot of information. I often find myself checking my phone for a text or phone call and ending up seeing an article that catches my eye. 

#5- Snapchat

    My last and final new source is Snapchat. Besides TikTok, I use Snapchat constantly throughout the day. Not only is it a great way to communicate with friends, but it is also a great way to get pop culture news updates. Many celebrities, influencers, and pop culture media outlets have accounts you can subscribe to. Every day these accounts will make posts and videos that will automatically pop up on your Snapchat when you open the app. I would say I get about 40-50 percent of my news from this app.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post- My Relationship with Technology

It should be no surprise to anyone reading this that as a 20-year-old college student, technology and social media are heavily involved in m...